Let Us Help You Get A Good Night's Sleep!
Snoring Treatment Solution Options
Sleep Clinic Melbourne provides solutions which are scientifically proven, effective, safe and comfortable.
When snoring and sleep apnoea are treated they can transform the quality of your life. Utilising evidence
based treatment is extremely important, as many of the products advertised and sold over the internet and
in pharmacies are unproven and ineffective.
Proven snoring sleep disorder treatments include:
Dental Sleep Appliances
- Regarded by sleep physicians as the best available treatment for snoring.
- The frontline treatment for mild to moderate sleep apnoea.
- Essential for people with severe sleep apnoea who cannot use, or choose not to use the CPAP machine.
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure CPAP therapy gently delivers pressurised air via a nasal or facial mask
- A bedside device gently delivers pressurised air via a nasal or facial mask.
- CPAP therapy is the most effective treatment for severe sleep apnoea.
- New “state of the art” devices have features which have enhanced patient comfort and compliance.
There are several factors, including exercise and weight loss, that can have a significant impact in overcoming sleep apnoea. Sleep Clinic Melbourne works in conjunction with sleep physicians, GP’s, ENT surgeons, psychologists, dieticians and exercise physiologists to assist patients in achieving optimal results.
Benefits of Snoring Treatment
- Quiet nights of good quality sleep
- Awake feeling refreshed and ready for each day
- Improved relationships
- No more choking or gasping during sleep
- An end to day time sleepiness
- Greater concentration and energy levels
About the Sleep Clinic Melbourne
Medi-Sleep Clinic Melbourne provides assessment, diagnosis and scientifically proven treatments for snoring and sleep apnoea treatment. Snoring and Sleep apnoea are very common problems which can have a serious impact on relationships and health.
Common symptoms include:
- Poor concentration
- Waking unrefreshed
- Memory problems
- Daytime sleepiness
- Decreased libido
- Disturbed breathing during sleep
These can lead to:
- High blood pressure
- Increased risk of Heart attack work place and
- Stroke motor vehicle
- Mortality accidents
Over 70% of people who regularly snore have some degree of sleep apnoea (Snoring). The vast majority of people are unaware that they have it.
The first step is to find out if sleep apnoea is present and determine the severity. This can only be achieved with a sleep study. The results are evaluated by a sleep physician, with a diagnosis made for both the presence and severity of sleep apnoea.
Advances in technology have made it possible to have an accurate sleep study in the comfort of Medi-Sleep Clinic Melbourne. Sleep tests are inexpensive with a large portion of the cost covered by a Medicare rebate.
We utilise the most current technologies available to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of sleep disorders, such as:
- Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnoea sleep disorder
- Insomnia sleep disorder
- Narcolepsy sleep disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome sleep disorder
- Circadian Rhythm sleep disorder
- Sleep & Depression
We also specialise in diagnosis and management of sleep disorders associated with psychiatric or psychological problems, as well as Circadian Rhythm disorders.
Sleep Clinic Melbourne
offer the following services:
- Sleep medicine clinic
- Diagnostic testing service
- CPAP Management Program
- Dental Sleep Medicine Program
- Behavioural Sleep Medicine Program
For all patients, our staff are available to assist with personalised treatment and follow-up support.
Contact our staff over the phone (03) 95048400